The Excess Line Association of New York was created by statute in 1988 and began business in 1989. It is a non profit industry advisory association. ELANY is charged with the duty to facilitate and encourage compliance with the excess line law.
- acts as a facilitator between the brokers and the regulators.
- conducts financial review and oversight of non-admitted markets.
- provides continuing education:
- certified provider for C.E. credits
- lobbies Regulators & Legislators.
- maintains information database:
- for reporting to regulators.
- to assist members with tax reports.
- reviews documents for compliance.
- protects members, consumers and marketplace against fraud.
- protects state revenues.
- facilitates and encourages compliance.
- acts as an industry representative organization.
ELANY is a warehouse of solid information on the E&S marketplace. When you have questions, particularly on New York E&S laws and regulations and interpretations by the Department of Financial Services, consider ELANY to be one of your resources.
Board of Directors
|Lance Becker, Chairman||Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.||2020|
|James Richardson, Vice Chairman||General Star Management Company||2019|
|John A. Buckley, Treasurer||NIF Services of New York, Inc.||2019|
|Eric Keller, Secretary||RPS Keller||2020|
|Joseph Caligiuri||National Coverage Corp.||2019|
|Gary Hollederer||Russell Bond & Co., Inc.||2021|
|Kevin McGill||Frenkel & Company||2021|
|Donald Privett||Brown and Riding||2021|
|Robert Shapiro||Global Facilities, Inc.||2020|
|Immediate Past Chairman|
|Janet Pane||Willis Towers Watson|
|Executive Committee||Audit and Finance Committee|
|Lance Becker, Chairman
John A. Buckley
|John A. Buckley, Chairman
|Operations & Procedures Committee||Industry Liaison, Legislation & Regulation Committee|
|James Richardson, Chairman
David Isenberg (Ex-Officio)
|Joseph F. Caligiuri, Chairman
|Information Resources and Security Committee||Nominations Committee|
|Gary Hollederer, Chairman
Margaret M. Beirne (Ex-Officio)
John A. Buckley
|Janet Pane, Chairwoman
|RSM US LLP
4 TImes Square, 151 W. 42nd Street, 19th Floor
New York, New York 10036
John McParland, CPA
|Excess Line Association of New York
One Exchange Plaza
55 Broadway, 29th Floor
New York, NY 10006-3728